1. Brand ourselves “NSRA” by maintaining and continuing collaboration with a wide range of audiences and professional groups to enhance the visibility, influence, and viability of NSRA through our website, publications, and by social networks.
2. Foster local councils to become more vibrant and to insure accountability to the Nebraska State Reading Association and International Reading Association (IRA).
3. Ensure financial stability for our organization.
4. Connect NSRA with other curriculum areas (technology, arts, social studies, science, and math) as well as other educational organizations and the Nebraska Department of Education.
5. Enhance professional development opportunities within our organization.
6. Increase membership of our organization through innovative retention and recruitment strategies.
7. Develop policies and procedures to ensure clarity and consistency throughout or organization.